B. Crouch / Stance
ABS - Advanced Box Skills™ for Goalies Volume 1 • 1m 58s
Important things to remember about an athletic stance.
- Knees bent.
- Feet approximately shoulder width apart.
- Shoulders over your knees.
- Weight on the balls of your feet.
- Soft feet.
- Stick in front of you.
- Don’t lean into your stick for support.
“If you can see it, you can save it.”
Up Next in ABS - Advanced Box Skills™ for Goalies Volume 1
C. Suiting up
In this video I started with shoes because I was outside and didn’t want any pebbles in my socks/feet.
First of all you’ll need a foundation > underwear, long sleeved undershirt and high-cut socks. This will protect your skin from bothersome straps.
My sequence for suiting-up:
D. Angle Awareness
- Focus on the ball.
- Always center and square yourself to the ball, not the man.
- Use your glove hand on the post to help navigate that side of the field.
- Feel for the post (tap the post) with the shaft of your stick to help navigate moving off your stick side post.
- Get as mu...
Concentrate/Focus on the ball a full 60+ minutes.
At practice, when you are out of the net resting, strengthen your concentration skills by staying focused on the ball at all times. Reset for each rep as you would if you were in goal.
When watching other teams play, find that ball ...